Saturday, December 11, 2010

Love, hate the internet!

I love the net for the ease of getting info. I love learning, facts are exciting! Useless information fills my head. (along, of course, with the good stuff) Any time I have a question, I can get an answer. I hate the net for the misinformation. Opinions taken for fact. It's hard to sort out some times what is good advice and what is nonsense. I've been reading on some sewing machine sites about problems people have been having and I'm astounded at the amount of bunk that passes for help. Sorry, strong words I know, but, seriously, are people trying to help or hinder? I'm certainly not saying that I have all the answers, but, if I don't I'll absolutely admit it. I guess you can tell I'm a little passionate about what I do. Thanks for letting me rant. B 

3 comments:

Linda H said...

Know what you're talking about...I've owned the Bernina 820 for a year now - I guess I have a love-hate relationship with it!

I found your blog via: http://www.sewingmachinereviewer.com/bernina-series-8-the-820.html#comments

I'd love to hear what your comments/suggestions would be for the problems that everyone is having with this machine.

Bernie said...

Hi Linda, Is there a specific problem? I guess my second question would be if you have had the dealer do any mechanical or firmware updates? I can certainly answer any specific question. B

Bernie said...

To Linda, There a few mechanical updates, such as new check spring, threader kit, bsr spring, tension kit. There also some settings, such as timing, hook to needle distance, tension. There is a plate near the take up lever that may need to be polished. Not every machine needs all of these. If you can let me know what the issues are with your machine are, I can recommend properly. There may also be some simple things that you can do. There is a recent firmware update that you can download from berninausa.com that changes some tensions. I look forward to your reply, Bernie